The former GB News presenter did not hold bac when discussing the controversial news platform
Andrew Neil has said media regulator Ofcom needs to “grow a backbone and quick” over the issue of politicians hosting TV programmes. The Spectator chairman, who was founding chairman of GB News and a presenter on the channel before his resignation shortly after the launch, told peers he would never have allowed politicians to present political programmes or interview each other.
Questioned about the issue of due impartiality, Neil told peers: “I’m surprised at how tolerant Ofcom has been of GB News. It may be because the rest of the broadcast universe is on the centre, centre-left so it gave GB news a bit more leeway to settle down. Last month, episodes of GB News programmes presented by Conservative MPs were found to have broken broadcasting rules by them acting as newsreaders. Ofcom’s probe involved shows that were presented by former House of Commons leader Sir Jacob Rees-Mogg, as well as minister without portfolio Esther McVey and backbencher Philip Davies, and the channel was warned about potential sanctions if there are further breaches.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Ruth Langsford reveals surprising 'fear' over potential split from Eamonn HolmesThe former This Morning presenter has been married to the GB News presenter since 2010
続きを読む »
Ofcom investigates whether David Lammy's show breached rules on politicians as news presentersThe communications regulator is investigating whether Mr Lammy's show broke its rules on politicians acting as news presenters. Ofcom received 51 complaints about the show that aired on Good Friday, in which Mr Lammy delivered the news.
続きを読む »
Ofcom complaints soar by 600% in age of GB News and TalkTVThe watchdog has received over 20,000 complaints about the two broadcasters so far in 2024
続きを読む »
BBC News presenter takes legal action in employment tribunalShe's off to new things.
続きを読む »
BBC News presenter takes legal action in high-profile employment tribunalThe tribunal will take place next month.
続きを読む »
BBC News presenter Martine Croxall, 55, sues broadcaster for age and sex discrimination after being...Martine Croxall announces she is 'signing off' from BBC News in March 2023, in this video posted to Twitter. She says the studio has been her 'happy place' and thanked viewers for joining in.
続きを読む »