Latest Nottingham Forest news as Reds braced for outcome of Profitability and Sustainability Rules breach
The Reds were charged with breaking the Premier League's Profitability and Sustainability Rules in January and have had the threat of a points deduction hanging over them since then. An independent commission heard their case earlier this month, and the outcome of that is expected early this week - potentially as soon as today.
After the revised sanction was confirmed, Everton said in a statement: “While the club is still digesting the appeal board’s decision, we are satisfied our appeal has resulted in a reduction in the points sanction.
At the time, a Forest statement said: “Nottingham Forest acknowledges the statement from the Premier League confirming that the club has today been charged with a breach of the league’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules. The club intends to continue to cooperate fully with the Premier League on this matter and are confident of a speedy and fair resolution.”
The Premier League have made provisions for a further challenge, after the appeal hearing verdict, within their rules. It is said any attempt to “establish exceptional circumstances” in order to “seek a stay of the effect” of the appeal decision must be brought before a single arbitrator. The rules state: “Any such stay application shall be heard and decided by the provision of the single arbitrator of their decision, with written reasons to follow, prior to 8 June.
Football finance expert Kieran Maguire believes the Reds have been given a “raw deal” over Financial Fair Play. He suggested the club could be in danger of breaching the limits before the charge was levied. “There is an amnesty needed. The authorities need to stop and ask themselves how they can do things in the right way. Is there an approach that will benefit the game?” Faulkner told The Athletic. “You just wait for things to be made more simple.
Mitigating factors A key part of Forest’s defence will revolve around the club-record sale of Brennan Johnson to Tottenham Hotspur for £47.5m on transfer deadline day last summer. The sale of the Nigel Doughty Academy graduate fell outside of the accounting timeframe assessed by the Premier League. However, the Reds argue that by waiting until late in the window, they got a bigger transfer fee for Johnson, having rejected smaller offers made by Brentford earlier in the summer.
The club brought in leading sports lawyer Nick De Marco to help argue their case. A KC with Blackstone Chambers in London, he has an established record dealing with football, and especially Financial Fair Play, and represented Reds defender Harry Toffolo when he was charged with breaching FA betting rules.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Nottingham Forest FFP charge 'unfair' as Evangelos Marinakis point madeThe latest Nottingham Forest news as the club await the outcome of their hearing for alleged Profitability & Sustainability Rules breaches
続きを読む »
Nottingham Forest could have to wait for FFP verdictLatest Nottingham Forest news as Reds await verdict after Profitability and Sustainability Rules charge
続きを読む »
How FFP saga could still drag on as Nottingham Forest await verdictLatest Nottingham Forest news as Reds await outcome of Profitability and Sustainability Rules breach hearing
続きを読む »
National media make Nottingham Forest FFP point after dramatic Luton drawLatest Nottingham Forest news from NottinghamshireLive after the Reds are left to rue missed opportunities in their 1-1 draw against Luton Town on Saturday
続きを読む »
Nuno has issues to address during break as Nottingham Forest await FFP fateLatest Nottingham Forest news as Nuno Espirito Santo's Reds draw 1-1 with Luton Town at Kenilworth Road
続きを読む »
Update on Everton's second FFP charge emerges as Nottingham Forest await fateLatest Nottingham Forest news as Reds and Toffees charged with breaching Profitability and Sustainability Rules
続きを読む »