UN says Russia still blocking aid to dam breach victims

日本 ニュース ニュース

UN says Russia still blocking aid to dam breach victims
日本 最新ニュース,日本 見出し
  • 📰 TODAYonline
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 35 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 17%
  • Publisher: 99%

The breach of the dam on June 6 inundated huge swathes of the Kherson region under Russian and Ukrainian control, forcing thousands to flee and sparking fears of an environmental disaster.

"The Government of the Russian Federation has so far declined our request to access the areas under its temporary military control," the UN humanitarian coordinator for Ukraine, Denise Brown, said in a statement on Sunday.

"The UN will continue to do all it can to reach all people — including those suffering as a result of the recent dam destruction — who urgently need life-saving assistance, no matter where they are," Ms Brown said. "We urge the Russian authorities to act in accordance with their obligations under international humanitarian law," she added.

On Saturday, officials in the Russian-held areas announced that the death toll from the dam breach had risen to 29, while Kyiv said the number killed in its territory rose to 16, with 31 still missing. Kyiv has accused Moscow of blowing up the dam on the Dnipro River, while Russia has blamed Ukraine. AFP

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

TODAYonline /  🏆 1. in SG

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し

Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。

Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 17, 2023Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 17, 2023You are reading the Morning Briefing newsletter. Get the news that prepares you for the day ahead, delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »

This week's top reads from The Straits Times, June 17, 2023This week's top reads from The Straits Times, June 17, 2023Catch up on some of the week's top reads. Subscribe to our newsletter here. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »

Android users lose about S$100,000 CPF savings to malware scams in JuneAndroid users lose about S$100,000 CPF savings to malware scams in JuneSINGAPORE: Users of Android devices have lost at least S$99,800 (US$74,400) of Central Provident Fund (CPF) savings in June this year to malware-related scams. In a news release on Saturday (Jun 17), police noted that at least two reports of such cases have been received this month. 'The po
続きを読む »

While You Were Sleeping: 5 stories you might have missed, June 18While You Were Sleeping: 5 stories you might have missed, June 18A selection of news stories that happened overnight, June 18, 2023. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »

Microsoft says early June service outages were cyberattacksMicrosoft says early June service outages were cyberattacksMicrosoft said on Friday that the outages that affected certain services of the company through some of the earlier days of this month were the result of cyberattacks, but said it saw no evidence of any customer data being accessed or compromised. 'Beginning in early June 2023, Microsoft identified surges
続きを読む »

Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 18, 2023Morning Briefing: Top stories from The Straits Times on June 18, 2023You are reading the Morning Briefing newsletter. Get the news that prepares you for the day ahead, delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to our newsletter. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 06:59:54