Former US President Donald Trump on Tuesday (Jun 28) sued E. Jean Carroll for defamation, alleging she falsely accused him of rape after a jury in a civil trial found that he sexually abused her. Trump's counterclaim against Carroll in Manhattan federal court comes after a jury's unusual finding in May tha
Former US President Donald Trump on Tuesday sued E. Jean Carroll for defamation, alleging she falsely accused him of rape after a jury in a civil trial found that he sexually abused her.
Trump's counterclaim against Carroll in Manhattan federal court comes after a jury's unusual finding in May that he sexually abused and defamed but did not rape Carroll, a former Elle magazine advice columnist.Carroll's lawyer, Roberta Kaplan, said in a statement that Trump's filing was"nothing more than his latest effort to delay accountability" for the jury's verdict.
"Donald Trump again argues, contrary to both logic and fact, that he was exonerated by a jury that found that he sexually abused E. Jean Carroll," Kaplan said.The filing by Trump signals that his multi-front legal fight with Carroll is unlikely to end soon as both sides trade accusations and denials in the media.
Carroll amended the first of her two lawsuits against Trump and sought an additional US$10 million in damages in May, citing his denials during a CNN appearance the day after the verdict.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Trump sues E. Jean Carroll for defamation over post-trial rape claimWhile Ms Carroll won the first trial, Trump has interpreted the verdict as a victory because of the finding on rape. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
Putin's former 'puppet master' urges an end to mercenary groups like WagnerMOSCOW: President Vladimir Putin's former chief strategist on Monday (Jun 26) urged an end to mercenary groups in Russia after a mutiny by Yevgeny Prigozhin's Wagner militia, cautioning that they in
続きを読む »
Former Audi boss becomes first Volkswagen board member sentenced over diesel scandalFormer Audi boss Rupert Stadler was handed a suspended sentence of one year and nine months by a Munich court on Tuesday (Jun 27) for fraud by negligence in the 2015 diesel scandal, becoming the first former Volkswagen board member to receive such a sentence.
続きを読む »
Former Singapore Idol judge Ken Lim gets fresh charges of insulting women’s modestyHe is now accused of asking three women sexual questions and making suggestive remarks or gestures, among other things.
続きを読む »
Former Singapore Idol judge Ken Lim faces 5 more charges of sexual offences against 3 womenLim had been charged on March 20, with one count of molestation. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
Aaron Yan's case has attracted the authoritiesFormer lover Yao Le revealed that he has recently cooperated with the investigation
続きを読む »