BREAKING: Pres. Trump says his administration 'will not even consider' renaming bases named after Confederate leaders, after Army signals openness.
A statue of a confederate soldier was removed in Jacksonville, Florida, and the Navy moved to ban all confederate flags from public spaces.President Donald Trump said his administration"will not even consider" renaming military bases originally named after Confederate leaders, a day after the Army issued a statement saying top military leaders were"open" to the discussion.
In a statement on Monday, Army spokesperson Cynthia Smith said Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy were"open to a bi-partisan discussion" about renaming the bases. "The Army has a tradition of naming installations and streets after historical figures of military significance, including former Union and Confederate general officers," the statement said at the time.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Trump says U.S. Army bases will keep Confederate names despite push after George Floyd deathPresident Trump opposes a push to take the names of the Confederate leaders off military bases that has gained force after the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis police custody.
続きを読む »
Barr Says Trump Went To Bunker For Safety, Not To Inspect It, As President Claimed“Things were so bad that the Secret Service recommended the president go down to the bunker,” Barr said.
続きを読む »
Barr Says Trump Went To Bunker For Safety, Not To Inspect It, As President ClaimedFollowing reports that Trump took shelter in the fortified bunker under the White House amid protests last month, Trump claimed he went down for an “inspection,” but Attorney General Bill Barr now says Trump went for his safety by AndrewSolender
続きを読む »
Just 27% of registered voters think President Donald Trump is a religious man, poll findsTwo out of five Evangelicals agreed President Donald Trump is religious, making them the subgroup with the highest percentage believing so in a new poll.
続きを読む »
Trump admin opposes extending enhanced unemployment benefitThe Trump administration opposes a Democratic proposal to extend a $600 per week federal unemployment benefit approved in response to the coronavirus pandemic, Labor Secretary Eugene Scalia said Tuesday. The money, included in a government relief package enacted in late March, has helped millions of
続きを読む »