Serving Met officer charged with rape of woman on Brighton beach

日本 ニュース ニュース

Serving Met officer charged with rape of woman on Brighton beach
日本 最新ニュース,日本 見出し
  • 📰 LBC
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 28 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 14%
  • Publisher: 74%

A serving Metropolitan Police officer has been charged after a woman reported being raped on Brighton beach

Laurence Knight, who's 33, was arrested on July 28 last year, after a woman reported being raped on the beach 11 days earlier, and was released on bail.He has now been charged by Sussex Police and released on bail while enquiries continue.Chief Superintendent Pete Gardner, in charge of Met Detention said: "We know people will rightly be concerned to hear about this very serious charge against a serving police officer.

"We absolutely share that concern and I am thankful to Sussex Police for their thorough investigation and the continued specialist support they are providing to the victim. "The Met's Directorate of Professional Standards are fully aware and misconduct matters will be dealt with once the criminal proceedings have concluded. The officer is suspended from duty."

The Met has made a mandatory referral to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, which said the misconduct investigation should be led by the Met.

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

LBC /  🏆 17. in UK

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し



Render Time: 2025-04-04 16:42:54