Newcastle star avoids three-year ban after negotiating plea bargain that includes agreeing to a treatment programme for his gambling
Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali will miss the rest of the season and Euro 2024 after the Italian FA handed down a 10-month ban for illegal betting.
It is a bitter blow for Newcastle and the player but there will be some relief that the punishment allows him to continue training with his current club. It is also understood that he will be allowed to play in friendly games to keep his fitness topped up ahead of a return in the first few weeks of the 2024-25 season.
The Italian side, who sold Tonali for £52m in the summer, are adamant that they had no idea about the gambling. That stance makes any potential claim difficult to prove but Eddie Howe said the club will “do what they have to do” when he was asked about the prospect last week. “An agreement has already been reached between the Federal Prosecutor’s Office and Sandro Tonali,” Gravina told reporters on Thursday.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Sandro Tonali allowed to train with Newcastle despite ten-month football ban...Newcastle are expecting Tonali to receive a lengthy ban for illegal betting activity, but talkSPORT's Jordan is concerned that Tonali's agent claiming his client has an addiction could 'diminish' those who are actually addicts.
続きを読む »
Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali given 10-month banThe midfielder will miss the rest of the Premier League season.
続きを読む »
Sandro Tonali to lose £11m as details of Newcastle star’s 10-month ban emergeSandro Tonali's 'pay will be suspended' throughout his ban, meaning he'll lose a big chunk of change and Newcastle will have some financial wiggle room to sign a replacement.
続きを読む »
Newcastle United midfielder Sandro Tonali given 10-month banThe midfielder will miss the rest of the Premier League season.
続きを読む »
Sandro Tonali: Newcastle star given 10-month ban for bettingThe midfielder will miss the rest of the Premier League season.
続きを読む »
Newcastle star Sandro Tonali agrees 10-month ban for illegal bettingHe joined Newcastle for £55m this summer.
続きを読む »