Father-of-three Ian Coates, 65, was one of three people killed by Valdo Calocane in the Nottingham attacks on June 13, 2023
The Chief Constable of Nottinghamshire Police is "hiding away behind emails" from the families of those killed in the Nottingham attacks, the son of Ian Coates has said. .
Nottinghamshire Police are currently being investigated by IOPC for their handling of the investigation following Calocane's stabbings, its previous interactions with the killer, and its failure to catch him during a nine-month period when he was subject to an arrest warrant. "When I was younger you knew the police were there to help, but it doesn't feel like they have been there for us," Mr Coates said.
Mr Coates stated it was his belief that "it was more than just one or two people involved" in the inappropriate accessing of information about the attacks. The 38-year-old, who grew up in Bestwood and now lives outside the city centre, said he found the city's failure to protect his father, who was "Nottingham through and through", particularly distressing. "The people you expect to help you have failed us," he added.
"I am disappointed with everybody involved, the police, healthcare services, the CPS, and there were a lot of missed opportunities to stop him.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Police watchdog investigates Nottingham force over contact with triple killer Valdo CalocaneThe policing watchdog has started investigating the force's contact with Valdo Calocane after he murdered three people in a violent attack in June last year.
続きを読む »
Nottingham attack victim's mother 'horrified' at 'abhorrent voyeurism' after police share graphic details...Families of the Nottingham attack victims only found out that police shared graphic details about their loved ones on WhatsApp when it was reported in the media - as they slammed the 'abhorrent voyeurism'.
続きを読む »
Mother of Nottingham attack victim criticizes police officer for viewing bodycam footageThe mother of a victim in the Nottingham attack expressed her anger towards a police officer who viewed bodycam footage of her son lying in the street after being stabbed by a triple killer. The officer has been sacked for this action.
続きを読む »
Police chief's 'horror' at staff who viewed Nottingham attacks footageChief Constable Kate Meynell says the actions of some staff were 'totally unacceptable'.
続きを読む »
Ian Rankin: Young John Rebus returns for new BBC TV seriesThe new adaptation of Ian Rankin's detective reimagines the character as a younger police officer.
続きを読む »
Nikki Watson appointed Northamptonshire chief fire officerFormer senior police officer Nikki Watson is being investigated by the police watchdog.
続きを読む »