Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling industry employing thousands.

World News ニュース

Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling industry employing thousands.
Ferdinand Marcos Jr.Business
  • 📰 ksatnews
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 58 sec. here
  • 4 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 33%
  • Publisher: 53%

President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has ordered an immediate ban on widespread and mostly Chinese-run online gaming operations in the Philippines accusing them of venturing into crimes, including financial scams, human trafficking, torture, kidnapping and murder.

Philippines President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. right, shakes hands with House Speaker Martin Romualdez ahead of the State of the Nation Address at the House of Representatives in Quezon City, Philippines, on Monday, July 22, 2024. in the Philippines, accusing them of venturing into crimes, including financial scams, human trafficking, torture, kidnappings and murders.

The Philippines has a complicated relationship with China, including significant trade engagements and cooperation against crimes. But the neighboring Asian countries have also had longstanding disputes in the South China Sea which have grown increasingly hostile since last year. “Disguising as legitimate entities, their operations have ventured into illicit areas furthest from gaming such as financial scamming, money laundering, prostitution, human trafficking, kidnapping, brutal torture, even murder,” Marcos said in his address. “The grave abuse and disrespect to our system of laws must stop.”

Setting out his vision for the year ahead, Marcos outlined moves to address a range of issues, including soaring costs of food and electricity, poverty and low wages. On Manila's increasingly hostile disputes with Beijing, Marcos stressed the Philippines would not back down but would only resort to peaceful means to resolve any dispute.

Philippine efforts, he said, were continuing “to strengthen our defense posture, both through developing self-reliance and through partnerships with like-minded states."

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

ksatnews /  🏆 442. in US

Ferdinand Marcos Jr. Business

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し

Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。

Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling industry employing thousands.Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling industry employing thousands.President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has ordered an immediate ban on widespread and mostly Chinese-run online gaming operations in the Philippines accusing them of venturing into crimes, including financial scams, human trafficking, torture, kidnapping and murder.
続きを読む »

Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling outfits employing thousands.Philippine president orders shutdown of Chinese-run online gambling outfits employing thousands.President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. has ordered an immediate ban on widespread and mostly Chinese-run online gaming operations in the Philippines accusing them of venturing into crimes, including financial scams, human trafficking, torture, kidnapping and murder.
続きを読む »

New hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaNew hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaA recently signed agreement will open a direct line of communication between China and the Philippines’ presidential offices to try and prevent any new confrontation from spiraling out of control in the disputed South China Sea
続きを読む »

New accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaNew accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaA recently signed agreement will open a direct line of communication between China and the Philippines’ presidential offices to try and prevent any new confrontation from spiraling out of control in the disputed South China Sea. A copy of the highlights of the accord was seen Tuesday by The Associated Press.
続きを読む »

New accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaNew accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaA recently signed agreement will open a direct line of communication between China and the Philippines’ presidential offices to try and prevent any new confrontation from spiraling out of control in the disputed South China Sea.
続きを読む »

New accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaNew accord establishes a hotline Chinese and Philippine presidents can use to stop clashes at seaA recently signed agreement will open a direct line of communication between China and the Philippines’ presidential offices to try and prevent any new confrontation from spiraling out of control in the disputed South China Sea.
続きを読む »



Render Time: 2025-04-03 10:38:01