Pentagon says a $8b accounting error allows more arms for Ukraine

日本 ニュース ニュース

Pentagon says a $8b accounting error allows more arms for Ukraine
日本 最新ニュース,日本 見出し
  • 📰 STForeignDesk
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 54 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 25%
  • Publisher: 71%

It does not alter the total amount of support authorised by Congress, a Pentagon spokesman said. Read more at straitstimes.com.

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon said it will be able to spend US$6 billion more than originally expected on arms for Ukraine thanks to what it called accounting errors.

The Defense Department overstated the value of weapons sent from its stockpiles by US$2.6 billion in fiscal 2022 and US$3.6 billion in fiscal 2023, for a total of US$6.2 billion, deputy spokesman Sabrina Singh told reporters on Tuesday at the Pentagon. “It’s just going to go back into the pot of money that we have allocated” for Ukraine, she said, adding that it does not alter the total amount of support authorised by Congress.

Ms Singh attributed the error to “inconsistencies in equipment valuation”, with military services using “replacement cost” for equipment transferred to Ukraine rather than the “net book value”. Previous reports pegged the valuation difference in the US$3 billion range.Although President Joe Biden has said consistently that thefor as long as needed, some Republican lawmakers have objected to the cost and indefinite timeline of security assistance.

With no end in sight for the war, the administration faces the prospect of seeking additional money over such opposition once current funding runs out. BLOOMBERG

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

STForeignDesk /  🏆 4. in SG

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し

Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。

Pentagon's Ukraine accounting error revised up to US$6.2 billionPentagon's Ukraine accounting error revised up to US$6.2 billionThe Pentagon found it had overestimated the amount of funding for ammunition, missiles and other equipment it sent to Ukraine by US$6.2 billion due to an accounting error, a spokesperson said on Tuesday (Jun 20), more than double the amount previously disclosed. The value of the accounting error was revise
続きを読む »

Ukraine says eight villages retaken from Russian forcesUkraine says eight villages retaken from Russian forcesKYIV: Ukraine said on Monday (Jun 19) it had driven Russian forces out of an eighth village in its two-week-old counteroffensive, a settlement on a heavily fortified part of the front line near the most direct route to the country's Azov Sea coast. Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar said Ukrainian forces
続きを読む »

Denmark plans to aid Ukraine military by over US$3 billionDenmark plans to aid Ukraine military by over US$3 billionHELSINKI: Denmark's military support to Ukraine will be increased to 21.9 billion Danish crowns (US$3.21 billion) during 2023-2028, the Danish defence ministry said in a statement on Monday. The aid will be delivered through a Ukraine fund Denmark set up in March as part of the small Nordic nation's ambiti
続きを読む »

Kyiv in talks with Western weapons makers about setting up production in Ukraine: MinisterKyiv in talks with Western weapons makers about setting up production in Ukraine: MinisterPARIS: Ukraine is in negotiations with Western arms manufacturers to boost production of weapons, including drones, and could sign contracts in coming months, a Ukrainian minister told Reuters. Since Russia's invasion of Ukraine last year Ukraine has been scrambling to secure weapons ranging from munitions
続きを読む »

Ukraine meets 2 of 7 conditions to launch EU membership talks: ReportUkraine meets 2 of 7 conditions to launch EU membership talks: ReportBRUSSELS: A European Union report will this week say that Ukraine has met two out of seven conditions to start membership negotiations, two EU sources said, with the bloc's executive set to highlight progress made despite the war triggered by Russia's invasion. In a highly symbolic move, the EU granted Ukr
続きを読む »

Ukraine prepares 'biggest blow' as it claims recapture of eight villages from RussiaUkraine prepares 'biggest blow' as it claims recapture of eight villages from RussiaKYIV: Ukraine said on Monday (Jun 19) it had driven Russian forces out of an eighth village in its two-week-old counteroffensive and a defence official vowed Kyiv's 'biggest blow' lay ahead despite tough resistance from Moscow's troops. Deputy Defence Minister Hanna Maliar said Ukrainian forces had retaken
続きを読む »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 01:13:10