South Korea's military said on Wednesday (July 5) it had retrieved the wreckage of a North Korean spy satellite that plunged into the sea in May after a botched launch and found it had no meaningful military use as a reconnaissance satellite.
The military last month also recovered parts of the rocket used in the failed launch; the booster and payload crashed into the sea soon after takeoff.
It is the first time South Korea has secured a satellite launched by the North, South Korean military experts said. South Korea's military tracked the launch of the space vehicle and identified a large, cylindrical piece of debris in the water just hours after the launch, but the object sank to the seabed.North Korea last month made a rare candid public admission of the botched launch, saying it was the"gravest failure" but vowing to soon succeed in its orbital quest.
The May 31 launch was widely condemned by South Korea, Japan, and the West as a violation of international law and U.N. Security Council resolutions that ban the use of ballistic missile technology by the North.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
North Korea appears to lift Covid-19 mask mandate: ReportsNorth Korean state television and newspapers showed people at theatres and other locations without masks. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
South Korea's Ji wants her generation to sign off in style at World CupSouth Korean midfielder Ji So-yun said she wants to mark what is likely to be her third and final Women's World Cup by extending her all-time scoring record and steering the team to the business end of the showpiece event.The 32-year-old, who joined Suwon FC in 2022 after a trophy-laden eight years at Che
続きを読む »
South Korea's POSCO plans $93 billion of investment by 2030SEOUL : South Korean steelmaking and materials conglomerate POSCO Group, headed by POSCO Holdings, said on Monday it plans to invest 121 trillion won ($93 billion) by 2030 for growth in core businesses such as steel, battery materials and hydrogen. POSCO said in a statement it plans to invest 72 trillion
続きを読む »
China’s top diplomat urges greater cooperation with Japan, South KoreaMr Wang Yi’s remarks come as Beijing and Washington step up their efforts to deepen their influence in the region. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
Road tunnel portion of North-South Corridor delayed by two years to 2029The 21.5km corridor will be completed in phases, with the viaduct portion ready in 2027 Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
Road tunnel portion of North-South Corridor delayed by two years to 2029The road tunnel segment of a $7.47 billion integrated transport corridor will be completed only in 2029, two years later than previously announced. Disclosing the new date in a written parliamentary reply on Monday, Transport Minister S. Iswaran said the 21.5km North-South...
続きを読む »