Malaysia respects 2008 ICJ ruling on Pedra Branca, but says 2018 move to withdraw review application was ‘improper’

日本 ニュース ニュース

Malaysia respects 2008 ICJ ruling on Pedra Branca, but says 2018 move to withdraw review application was ‘improper’
日本 最新ニュース,日本 見出し
  • 📰 ChannelNewsAsia
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 51 sec. here
  • 2 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 24%
  • Publisher: 66%

SINGAPORE: The Malaysian government respects a 2008 International Court of Justice (ICJ) ruling indicating that Singapore had sovereignty over Pedra Branca, Attorney-General Idris Harun said on Friday (Jan 27). He also said that a decision made by the Mahathir Mohamad administration back in 2018 to w

SINGAPORE: The Malaysian government respects a 2008 International Court of Justice ruling indicating that Singapore had sovereignty over Pedra Branca, Attorney-General Idris Harun said on Friday .

In May 2018, Malaysia said it would discontinue an application for revision and a request for interpretation of the ICJ’s 2008 judgment. They were filed in February 2017 and June 2017, respectively. In a statement on Friday, Mr Idris said the government is of the view that the 2018 decision to withdraw two applications to the ICJ concerning the sovereignty of Pedra Branca, Middle Rocks and South Ledge was “not in order and improper”. He did not elaborate.

Despite the 2018 decision by the Mahathir-led government, Mr Anwar’s predecessor Mr Ismail Sabri Yaakob said in October last year that his Cabinet had agreed to proceed with legal action at the ICJ on the issue." its sovereignty over Pedra Branca, located near the eastern entrance of the Straits of Singapore, about 44km east of mainland Singapore.

"After the Court's decision, both Singapore and Malaysia publicly announced that they will accept and abide by the Court's decision which is final," MFA said.

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

ChannelNewsAsia /  🏆 6. in SG

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し



Render Time: 2025-04-03 08:42:09