Runaway aristocrat Constance Marten has defended her decision to live in a tent with her newborn baby.
Marten, 36, and her partner, Mark Gordon, 49, are on trial after their newborn baby, Victoria, died while they were camping on the South Downs last year.Marten was cross-examined at the Old Bailey about the couple's decision to buy a tent and live off grid on Wednesday.She told jurors that Bedouin families walk through cold deserts with children, adding: "Jesus survived in a barn.
It was just a very sad set of circumstances and a tragic accident that could have happened anywhere but it happened to me in a tent." When asked if she would do it again, Marten replied: "No." The prosecutor went on: "Even now, even after everything you do not accept it was wrong to take that child into the tent." The defendant said: "No, because that's not where she passed away.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Runaway aristocrat Constance Marten tells court she 'gave her baby the best any mother could'A mother accused of killing her own baby has told a court she 'gave her baby the best any mother could' and did 'nothing but show her love'.
続きを読む »
Constance Marten 'planned to use Gumtree to find someone to smuggle baby abroad'Marten claimed she avoided using her card so her movements would not be traced.
続きを読む »
Constance Marten tells court she was gripped by 'fear and grief'The aristocrat, 36, and her partner Mark Gordon, 49, are on trial after baby Victoria died while they were camping on the South Downs in wintry conditions last year. They deny all the charges the face
続きを読む »
Runaway aristocrat Constance Marten's defence begins as jury told there is 'no obligation' for a women to...The defence in the trial of runaway wealthy aristocrat mother Constance Marten has begun at the Old Bailey today, as the jury was told there is 'no obligation' for a mother to register her pregnancy with the NHS.
続きを読む »
‘I had to escape my bigoted family,’ Constance Marten tells court as she says she ‘feels responsible’ over...Aristocrat Constance Marten today told a jury that she went on the run with her new born baby and partner because she was trying to escape her “oppressive and bigoted” family.
続きを読む »
Constance Marten tearfully tells court: 'I would prefer my daughter had her whole life ahead of her'On-the-run aristocrat Constance Marten tearfully told a court today how she would have preferred her child had gone into care if she could have 'foreseen the circumstances' of the infant’s death.
続きを読む »