The Palestinian telecom provider, Paltel, said the bombardment caused ‘complete disruption’ of internet, mobile phone and landline services.
Israel has knocked out communications in the Gaza Strip in intensified attacks, largely cutting off its 2.3 million people from contact with each other and the outside world, as the military said it was “expanding” ground operations in the territory.
“I was so scared this was going to happen,” said Wafaa Abdul Rahman, director of a feminist organisation based in the West Bank city of Ramallah. She said she had not heard for hours from family in central Gaza. The Red Crescent said it could not contact its medical teams and residents could no longer call ambulances, meaning rescuers would have to chase the sound of explosions to find the wounded.The Committee to Protect Journalists expressed alarm, saying the world “is losing a window into the reality” of the conflict. It warned that the information vacuum “can be filled with deadly propaganda, dis- and misinformation”.
Earlier on Friday, the military said ground forces conducted their second hours-long incursion inside Gaza in as many days, striking dozens of militant targets over the past 24 hours. Defence Minister Yoav Gallant told foreign reporters that Israel expects a long and difficult ground offensive into Gaza soon.
Maine gunman who killed 18 'still at large and could be planning another attack', as police raid family homeUS strikes Iran-linked sites in Syria in retaliation for attacks on US troops
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Israel-Gaza latest: Israel sends tanks into Gaza as troops complete 'ground incursion'Israel's Army Radio reports that ground forces carried out a 'relatively large' operation aimed at attacking Hamas positions in Gaza. In a live television address to the nation last night, Benjamin Netanyahu said Israel was 'getting prepared' for a ground invasion.
続きを読む »
Israel-Gaza latest: Hamas told to expect Israel's 'wrath' as ground operations in Gaza expandedThe Israeli military has said it will start expanding ground operations in Gaza - as 'intense bombings' have already cut phone services and internet. Our correspondent on the ground has spotted warplanes going over an Israeli city into Gaza and reports 'loud explosions'.
続きを読む »
Gaza communications cut off as Israel ‘expands’ ground operationsThe Palestinian telecom provider, Paltel, said the bombardment caused ‘complete disruption’ of internet, mobile phone and landline services.
続きを読む »
Gaza communications cut off as Israel ‘expands’ ground operationsThe Palestinian telecom provider, Paltel, said the bombardment caused ‘complete disruption’ of internet, mobile phone and landline services.
続きを読む »
Internet And Phone Services Collapse In Gaza As Israel Expands Ground AssaultSome 2.3 million people largely cut off from the outside world.
続きを読む »