For years, California officials warned federal funding cuts would hamper outbreak response

日本 ニュース ニュース

For years, California officials warned federal funding cuts would hamper outbreak response
日本 最新ニュース,日本 見出し
  • 📰 latimes
  • ⏱ Reading Time:
  • 80 sec. here
  • 3 min. at publisher
  • 📊 Quality Score:
  • News: 35%
  • Publisher: 82%

Despite warnings, federal officials cut millions of dollars in funding to state and local health agencies, reducing their ability to deal with a crisis like the coronavirus outbreak.

In California, the annual allocations from those programs to the state and all but one of its 58 counties dropped from $81 million in 2010 to $65 million last year.

Adriane Casalotti, chief of government and public affairs for the National Assn. of County and City Health Officials, said the Trump administration in recent years recommended additional cuts but was rebuffed by Congress, though the funding remains far short of what it was a decade ago. She said local and state health departments across the country have lost nearly a quarter of their workforce since 2008.Dr.

There, a top California Department of Public Health official told lawmakers that local health budgets had been slashed by 30% to 40% in the previous few years. “This to me is a violation of our responsibilities as a government to the people,” Jackson told health officials at the hearing. Gov. Gavin Newsom responded to concerns by allocating $40 million last year to assist county public health agencies in fighting infectious disease, which local officials said was a good start.In 2011, the state eliminated the $1.7-million budget for its Mobile Field Hospital Program. Two mobile shelters have been kept in storage, and a third was divided and parceled out to local emergency agencies.

“We are reassured that resources are not the issue here,” state Public Health Officer Dr. Sonia Angell said last week.to help California and its counties deploy mobile hospitals and procure more protective equipment, ventilators, tents, cots and sheltering supplies.Dr. Jonathan Fielding, who led the L.A. County Department of Public Health from 1998 to 2014, said there was a significant nationwide reduction in staff and resources at health departments during his tenure.

このニュースをすぐに読めるように要約しました。ニュースに興味がある場合は、ここで全文を読むことができます。 続きを読む:

latimes /  🏆 11. in US

日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し

Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。

Coronavirus live updates: Trump cancels G-7; California governor says 56% of state could be infected by MayCoronavirus live updates: Trump cancels G-7; California governor says 56% of state could be infected by MayA pandemic of a new respiratory virus that began in China just three months ago has tightened its grip around Europe and North America.
続きを読む »

San Francisco Mayor Breed: The city has a plan to up hospital beds - Business InsiderSan Francisco Mayor Breed: The city has a plan to up hospital beds - Business InsiderSan Francisco officials have worked with local hospitals to increase the number of beds in response to the coronavirus outbreak, the Mayor Breed said.
続きを読む »

Uncounted among coronavirus victims, deaths sweep through Italy's nursing homesUncounted among coronavirus victims, deaths sweep through Italy's nursing homesAs the official death toll from Italy's coronavirus outbreak passes 2,500, ...
続きを読む »

Essential California: Schools will probably be closed for monthsEssential California: Schools will probably be closed for monthsGov. Gavin Newsom said that California public schools are likely to be closed for the remainder of the school year in response to the coronavirus.
続きを読む »

Coronavirus live updates: Gov. projects 25 million Californians infected; Italy surpasses China's death toll; Saints' Sean Payton has virusCoronavirus live updates: Gov. projects 25 million Californians infected; Italy surpasses China's death toll; Saints' Sean Payton has virusFederal health officials warned Thursday that the coronavirus can be dangerous for young people, too. Here's the latest COVID-19 news.
続きを読む »

Coronavirus live updates: Gov. orders Californians to stay home; Italy surpasses China's death toll; Saints' Sean Payton has virusCoronavirus live updates: Gov. orders Californians to stay home; Italy surpasses China's death toll; Saints' Sean Payton has virusFederal health officials warned Thursday that the coronavirus can be dangerous for young people, too. Here's the latest COVID-19 news.
続きを読む »



Render Time: 2025-04-04 10:01:57