A councillor says the event is a 'curse', especially for those near land used as 'dumping grounds'.
Open plots of land have been used as dumping grounds for waste, councillor Laura Robertson-Collins said
In the past week, police said more than 55 tonnes of rubbish had been removed from sites that had "dangerously oversized" bonfires built near homes. "The danger is also very real to fire officers who have to put out these potential death traps that have at times contained explosive items, such as pressurised containers."
Land was left "scarred for months afterwards - and the soil beneath, that is contaminated for years to come".
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Seven Bonfire Night traditions we remember a Liverpool kidsThe celebrations have changed a lot through the decades
続きを読む »
21 photos show what Bonfire Night in Liverpool was like in the 80sBefore health and safety became what we know it to be today, this is how Bonfire Night was celebrated
続きを読む »
Tewkesbury bonfire night event cancelled due to flooding following Storm CiaránA waterlogged field means the event will not be going ahead for the second year in a row, despite months of planning.
続きを読む »
Wetherby Bonfire Night: Leeds town firework display event cancelled 'with heavy heart' due to adverse weatherA Leeds town council announced on Thursday that this year’s Bonfire Night displays will be postponed due to weather conditions.
続きを読む »
'Bonfire night attacks are getting more dangerous'Despite the number of incidents going down firefighters say they are still being attacked.
続きを読む »
Experts warn against burning one thing on Bonfire Night or risk £40,000 fineYou could have to pay thousands and serve possible jail time if caught.
続きを読む »