No Northern services will be running on one of the busiest days for travel
People in Greater Manchester are being urged to 'expect disruption' in the coming week as rails in the region are set to be hit by a fresh round of strikes and other industrial action.
Because of this, train operator Northern is warning passengers that they should check their train time before they arrive at the station, as the industrial action is set to cause havoc across the whole of the UK rail network.Though Aslef members who work for Northern will only be walking out on Saturday, April 6, strikes across the rest of the network are expected to cause serious issues on other days in the coming week.
Tricia Williams, chief operating officer at Northern, said: “We are disappointed that ASLEF has chosen to call yet more strike action and we would encourage them to work with the rail industry so we can put an end to this dispute. Aslef General Secretary Mick Whelan said in March, when the strikes were announced: "Last month, when we announced renewed mandates for industrial action, because, under the Tories’ draconian anti-union laws, we have to ballot our members every six months, we called on the train companies, and the government, to come to the table for meaningful talks to negotiate a new pay deal for train drivers who have not had an increase in salary since 2019.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Popular London restaurant to open first Northern site and it'll be in ManchesterThe all-day dining restaurant Caravan will count Aviva Studios and luxury Greek eatery Fenix as neighbours
続きを読む »
Rents are soaring in three Greater Manchester boroughs - and it's not ManchesterOur region has seen some of the biggest rent price hikes across the country
続きを読む »
Jess Park shines as Manchester City defeat Manchester UnitedJess Park's breakthrough season at Manchester City reaches new heights as she leads the team to victory against Manchester United.
続きを読む »
Gary Neville reveals vow after Manchester United's defeat to Manchester CityManchester United legend Gary Neville has revealed the vow he made after his old side's recent defeat to Manchester City. The Reds suffered a 3-1 defeat to their local rivals at the start of March, with Erik ten Hag setting his side up well, though United were criticised for their lack of attacking threat. Neville was not on broadcasting duty for the Liverpool clash, sharing his celebrations at home on social media.
続きを読む »
Manchester Arena attack survivor competing for Miss Manchester crown'One of the reasons I wanted to represent Manchester was seeing how everyone came together as a community during tough times'
続きを読む »
Roy Keane questions Manchester United manager after defeat to Manchester CityRoy Keane believes the 'jury is still out' on Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag after claiming Manchester City 'toyed' with his side in the closing stages of Sunday's 3-1 loss at the Etihad Stadium.
続きを読む »