Nearly two-dozen Republicans on the House Armed Services Committee are pushing back on a White House plan to draw down US troops in Germany, according to a new letter sent to President Trump
Nearly two-dozen Republicans on the House Armed Services Committee are pushing back on a White House plan to draw down US troops in Germany, according to a new letter sent to President Donald Trump on Tuesday.
Rep. Mac Thornberry, the top Republican on the panel, was joined by 21 other Republicans on the committee in urging Trump not to significantly reduce the number of US forces in Germany.The letter comes after a defense official told CNN last week that the White House has asked for a substantial reduction of US military personnel stationed in the country. The official said that the exact size of the reduction has not been decided but a cut of 9,500 is the current tentative planning figure.
Trump isn't the first to ask NATO to pay more 01:39Wyoming Republican Rep. Liz Cheney said in a statement Tuesday that withdrawing US troops from Germany"would be a serious error" that would"damage our national security.""America's forward presence has never been more important than it is today, as our nation confronts the threats to freedom and security around the world posed by Vladimir Putin's Russia and the Chinese Communist Party.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
U.S. decision to withdraw troops from Germany 'unacceptable' - Merkel allyGermany's coordinator for transatlantic ties has criticised U.S. President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw thousands of troops from Germany.
続きを読む »
Trump's troop cut in Germany blindsided senior U.S. officials, sources sayPresident Donald Trump's decision to cut U.S. troop levels in Germany blindsided a number of senior national security officials, according to five sources familiar with the matter, and the Pentagon had yet to receive a formal order to carry it out, Reuters has learned.
続きを読む »
Trump's troop cut in Germany blindsided senior U.S. officialsPresident Donald Trump's decision to cut U.S. troop levels in Germany blindsided a number of senior national security officials, according to five sources familiar with the matter, and the Pentagon had yet to receive a formal order to carry it out, Reuters has learned.
続きを読む »
Merkel ally criticises Trump's move to withdraw US troops from Germany - Business InsiderBusiness Insider is a fast-growing business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. Launched in 2007, the site is now the largest business news site on the web.
続きを読む »
Angry Trump Hires Famously Wrong Pollster to Call CNN Fake NewsTrump has retained John McLaughlin, who is so inaccurate that Republicans beg other Republicans not to hire him.
続きを読む »