The task force set up to deal with COVID-19 assumes a diminished role, as Pres. Donald Trump and Vice Pres. Mike Pence openly shift into campaign mode.
and Vice President Mike Pence openly shifted into campaign mode this month they have also openly flouted the advice of top administration health officials.Wednesday that"you still should be wearing a mask and"avoid congregating in large numbers," Trump the same day announced he would resume his signature mega rallies next week after more than a three-month hiatus due to the virus.
MORE: Ominous sign? Of the 14 states with rising new coronavirus cases, Arizona has experts especially worried Now, the task force typically convenes three times a week -- at the staff level -- according to an administration official. The vice president now attends one of the meetings each week, on average, in addition to holding a weekly conference call with governors; this week, he was scheduled to attend two.
The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, noted that the administration is no longer simultaneously responding to multiple complex emergencies that included Americans marooned cruise ships and fears of ventilator shortages among other challenges.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
White House goes quiet on coronavirus as outbreak spikes again across the U.S.The coronavirus is still killing as many as 1,000 Americans per day — but the Trump administration isn’t saying much about it
続きを読む »
White House coronavirus task forces continues retreat even as virus reemergesAmid coronavirus spikes in several states, the panel of doctors and public health experts that once convened daily and regularly updated the President have been relegated to meeting once or twice a week, and their engagement with Trump has diminished
続きを読む »
'He's a psychopath': Trump insider says military will haul Trump out of the White HousePresident Trump’s “Art of the Deal” co-author Tony Schwartz argues “anything goes” for “psychopath” Trump. Schwartz says Trump will not leave the White House if he loses the election because giving up is “unthinkable” for him. Schwartz argues he has “no doubt that Trump will do everything he possibly can,” to 'try to steal this election.”
続きを読む »
White House says Trump was merely 'raising questions' with baseless claim about Buffalo protesterPress Secretary Kayleigh McEnany defended the president’s baseless claim that a 75-year-old man knocked to the ground by police in Buffalo, N.Y., last week was a member of antifa.
続きを読む »
Trump to address policing Thursday as White House grapples with Floyd responsePresident Trump plans to publicly address policing reform while meeting with law enforcement and African American faith leaders in Dallas on Thursday, a senior administration official says.
続きを読む »