Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center will remain closed for the rest of 2020. Although coronavirus cases have dropped in New York, there are still questions about how to protect performers and the audience.
An empty Josie Robertson Plaza at Lincoln Center, lit up in June for Pride 2020 — but with no concert attendees or theatergoers, due to the coronavirus pandemic.An empty Josie Robertson Plaza at Lincoln Center, lit up in June for Pride 2020 — but with no concert attendees or theatergoers, due to the coronavirus pandemic.New York's Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center both said on Thursday that they have canceled their performances for the rest of 2020, due to the coronavirus pandemic.
In typical years, late September marks the beginning of the new concert season for two of New York's most famous music venues, followed shortly by the moneymaking holiday season. But 2020 is turning out to be anything but a normal year. Both Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center — which, along with its own programming, is home to organizations like the Metropolitan Opera, the New York Philharmonic and the New York City Ballet — say that they need to put safety first.
In a statement Thursday afternoon, Carnegie Hall's executive and artistic director, Clive Gillinson, said,"After consulting with medical professionals and other experts on a continuing basis, we have concluded, in the face of current government restrictions and social distancing protocols, that there is no other option but to extend the Hall's closure through the end of the calendar year, allowing health conditions to continue to improve.
The canceled Lincoln Center programming includes the Great Performers series, free public programs held in the David Rubinstein Atrium and the annual multi-disciplinary White Light Festival. Some of its resident institutions, including the Met and the New York Philharmonic, announced earlier this month that they would be dark until January.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Sinclair to hire for 25 new jobs as part of launch of new headline news serviceSinclair Broadcast Group Inc. undefined said Wednesday it will be hiring 25 new positions for its new headline news service, which is scheduled to launch in...
続きを読む »
Moore From L.A.: New York Fashion Week Needs a New BeginningWith the headwinds the American industry is facing, New York Fashion Week cannot carry on the same as it has been in September. And maybe that’s for the better. If there’s anytime to sh…
続きを読む »
J. Cole Drops Incendiary New Track ‘Snow on Tha Bluff’: Stream It Now“Snow on Tha Bluff” is his first solo effort since 2018’s &34;KOD&34; album, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
続きを読む »
The Killers Unleash Epic New Song ‘My Own Soul's Warning’: Stream It Now“Warning” has a dramatic flair that places it somewhere between Arcade Fire, Bruce Springsteen and &34;Joshua Tree&34;-era U2.
続きを読む »