Bernie Sanders had heart surgery Tuesday night after experiencing pain in his chest at a campaign event earlier in the day
Sanders speaks at a campaign event Sunday in New Hampshire. Photo: Scott Eisen/Getty Images , senior adviser Jeff Weaver said in a statement Wednesday. The 78-year-old Sanders had a blockage in one artery and had two stents inserted. He is now “conversing and in good spirits,” the statement said. All of his events and appearances have been canceled until further notice, and the campaign has reportedly canceled all of its ad buys in Iowa.
Sanders was hospitalized in Las Vegas, where he was due to appear at a gun-violence forum hosted by March for Our Lives and the Giffords group. The oldest Democrat in the race, Sanders was recently asked by Stephen Colbert about his health. “I’m in good health and running a vigorous campaign,” he said before knocking on Colbert’s desk.
The full statement from Weaver reads: “During a campaign event yesterday evening, Sen. Sanders experienced some chest discomfort. Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted. Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days. We are canceling his events and appearances until further notice, and we will continue to provide appropriate updates.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
Bernie Sanders campaign events canceled after candidate enters hospital for heart procedureBREAKING BernieSanders campaign events canceled after candidate enters hospital for heart procedure
続きを読む »
Bernie Sanders Undergoes Heart Surgery and Puts Campaign on HoldBernie Sanders has put his campaign on hold ... this after he underwent emergency heart surgery.
続きを読む »
Bernie Sanders announces massive $25.3 third million quarter fundraising haulSen. Bernie Sanders raised more than $25 million over the past three months, his campaign said Tuesday morning.
続きを読む »