The acquisitions are intended to take Australian forces to the cutting edge of modern military hardware. Read more at straitstimes.com.
SYDNEY - Australia said on Thursday it would be investing more than A$1 billion to buy new naval missiles and a land-based, long-range, surface-to surface High Mobility Artillery Rocket System .
The Australian government said in a statement it had signed a contract with Kongsberg to deliver the Naval Strike Missile , which will be employed on the Hobart Class destroyers and Anzac Class frigates from 2024. It added it will also acquire the land-based, long-range, surface-to-surface HIMARS, which includes launchers, missiles and training rockets.
“In the current strategic environment, it’s important the Australian Defence Force is equipped with high-end, targeted military capabilities,” Minister for Defence Richard Marles said in a statement. He added that the level of technology involved in these acquisitions takes its forces to the cutting edge of modern military hardware.More On This Topic
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
2 British citizens among dead in mid-air helicopter collision near Australian theme parkSYDNEY — Two travellers from the UK were among four people killed in a mid-air helicopter collision near an Australian theme park that authorities say could have been much worse. Queensland state police say two helicopters collided about 300 meters in the air on Monday (Jan 2) afternoon as one was landing and another taking off near Sea World on...
続きを読む »
Barty to mentor local wildcard Gadecki at Australian OpenRetired Australian Open champion Ash Barty is returning to Melbourne Park for this year's event to mentor local hope Olivia Gadecki, who received a wildcard for the season's first Grand Slam.Former world number one Barty called time on her career last March, shortly after ending her country's 44-year wait
続きを読む »
Australia eye WTC final and series sweep against South AfricaSYDNEY : A relaxed and confident Australia head into the third and final test against South Africa in Sydney eyeing a series sweep and a berth in the World Test Championship (WTC) final to cap a dominant home summer.Pat Cummins's team, who sealed the series with an innings victory in Melbourne last week,
続きを読む »
BBL content slashed as Australia signs $1 billion deal with Seven, FoxtelMELBOURNE : Australia's Big Bash League (BBL) will be reduced to a 43-game season from its current 61 fixtures under a new A$1.51 billion ($1 billion) broadcast deal between Cricket Australia (CA) and existing media partners Seven Network and Foxtel.As part of the seven-year deal running from 2024-2031, f
続きを読む »
Australia defends Covid-19 tests for China arrivalsCanberra criticised Beijing’s lack of Covid-19 transparency. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »
Australia braces for supply chain hit from China Covid-19 surgeAustralia’s biggest trading partner is China and it is one of the world’s most China-exposed developed economies. Read more at straitstimes.com.
続きを読む »