Labor rights advocates in Mexico called on Tuesday for the release of activist Susana Prieto after her arrest on a charge of threatening public officials, raising questions about worker protections ahead of a new North American trade deal.
Susana Prieto, a lawyer and labor activist, gestures during an interview with Reuters at the Paso del Norte international border crossing bridge in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico May 6, 2020. REUTERS/Jose Luis Gonzalez
A central aim of the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement , which will take effect on July 1, is to improve labor rights and union independence in Mexico. The Tamaulipas prosecutor’s office said in a statement that the arrest was on charges of inciting riot, threats and coercion against public officials.In a video she livestreamed of her detention on Monday in Matamoros, Prieto said she was unaware of the charges, before being given a copy of the complaint by law enforcement during the video. The document named a local labor court in Matamoros as one of the “offended” parties.
日本 最新ニュース, 日本 見出し
Similar News:他のニュース ソースから収集した、これに似たニュース記事を読むこともできます。
France police to ban chokehold arrest as protests mountGlobal protests in the wake of George Floyd's fatal arrest has magnified attention on the 2016 death in French police custody of Adama Traore, a 24-year-old black man, and renewed controversy over claims of racism and brutality within the force.
続きを読む »
Samsung Boss Lee Jay-yong Walks Free After Court Denies Arrest WarrantA court in Seoul on Tuesday denied the arrest warrant for Lee Jay-yong that prosecutors had applied for at the end of last week. The heir apparent and de facto boss of Samsung Group remains accused…
続きを読む »
Heir of Samsung empire avoids arrest over controversial mergerThe request of an arrest warrant for the heir of South Korean Samsung empire was declined by the court due to lack of sufficient probable cause over the controversial merger, but his retrial on charges of bribery and embezzlement continues.
続きを読む »
South Korean court denies arrest warrant request for Samsung heirA South Korean court turned down the request for an arrest warrant for Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee, providing temporary relief for the vice chairman of Samsung Electronics
続きを読む »
‘Leave it to Beaver’ Star Ken Osmond Died of Cardiopulmonary Arrest'Leave It to Beaver' star Ken Osmond died after suffering a cardiopulmonary arrest.
続きを読む »
South Korean court denies arrest warrant request for Samsung heir Jay Y. LeeA South Korean court on Tuesday denied an arrest warrant request for Samsung Group heir Jay Y. Lee after prosecutors accused him of accounting fraud and stock manipulation, the court spokesperson said in a statement.
続きを読む »